Sunday, July 6, 2008

Getting started

 





This is me, I'm known by many names depending on the surroundings and the people.  At home and to my family I'm Mom, Yom, Aby or Abs.   I'm also Carmen to my friends and coworkers; Mrs. Joyner for some of my students and Maestra Joyner for others; in my Mexican Home, I'm Lalis, Carmen Abigail, Gordis and other embarrassing names in Spanish.  I'm a teacher by profession, and presently I teach English to immigrant students at an elementary school in Sacramento, and one night a week I teach adults who want to learn Spanish.  I've been a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Days Saints all of my life, and what a blessing this has been for me and my growing family.  Oh, yes my family... let's see there are 3  daughters and 2 daughters-in-law all very beautiful; there are also 3 sons and 3 sons-in-law all very handsome; there are 6 grand-daughters and 5 grandsons all from the above average variety.  Like I said I'm blessed.

2 comments:

Connie and Gary said...

Hi Carmen,
Good start! now let' hear what else is going on....if only we had a picture of us swimming at Enrichment last night. That was fun
love always,
Connie

The Sartain Family said...

YAY!!! I found you! SHEESH- it only took me 2 months. So, whats your next blog about?? KEEP EM COMMING!
LOVE YOU MOM!